CORONARY CT ANGIOGRAPHY
South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers offers advanced
cardiac imaging technology for early detection
of heart disease.
The 64 Advantage:
- Improved image quality from increased speed
- Sub-millimeter scanning of the entire heart in 5 heart beats
Clinical Benefits of Coronary CT Angiography:
- Outpatient exam
- Detects early signs of coronary disease
- Guides appropriate therapy (PTCA, Stent, CABG)
- Identifies anomalous coronary arteries
- Ejection Fraction calculated
- Identifies alternative diagnoses which may mimic chest pain
(Cancer, Pneumonia, Pulmonary Emboli, Dissection)
Candidates for Coronary CT Angiography :
- Atypical chest pain
- An alternative to coronary catheterization
- Equivocal stress test with artifact
- High-Risk patients (smoker, high cholesterol, family history)
- Patient should arrive 30 minutes prior to appointment.
- Beta blockers will be administered. This process can add up to 3 hours to the appointment time.
- No caffeine for 6 hours prior to exam. Patient does not need to be fasting for the exam.
- Please inform scheduler if patient has a pacemaker or has a history of iodine allergy, bypass surgery or coronary artery stents.